Saturday, April 6, 2013

Look to Your Community 

Add to Your Resume

We are all so very busy. But, if you are looking for ways to expand  your resume,  I have an answer and it will only cost you time. Sign up  to volunteer. Or, join a local non-profit board or committee. You can add it to your resume immediately. This may also fill a gap or enrich the background you are presenting on your resume.


And, if you are trying to decide where to focus your time, look into one of your areas of interest or passion. I had the blessed opportunity to be on the founding board of a local music non-profit. So, as soon as I post this, I'm going to add it to my resume. Try this idea and you will be updating your resume in the very near future, too. And, here's an added value for you -  you'll be increasing your network and, I hope, having fun!

       Be well ~ Marianne  

408-295-6656  marianne@designyourdirection.com

Here's the music organization - http://svblues.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment